- This event has passed.
European Day of Conservation-Restoration of Cultural Heritage
“Conservator-Restorers invite visitors to their working places: in museums ateliers, private studios, university studios and conservation-restoration sites in monuments. Conservator-Restorers will explain their actual conservation-restoration projects with case studies to the public. The European Day of Conservator-Restorer aims:
- to raise awareness of the key role of conservation-restoration in safeguarding cultural heritage with policy makers and civil society (public);
- to share knowledge of the complex activity of this discrete profession as an applied science which includes humanities, natural science and intervenes with a code of ethics in the many fields of Cultural Heritage;
- to highlight the respect and discovery of the values for society through the interventions beyond artists and crafts for ensuring the integrity of the material witness to guarantee the authenticity of cultural heritage for identification process of the individual;
- to make transparent the international quality standards of the profession on this high level of competences for safeguarding Cultural Heritage through member associations in 22 European states; and
- to clarify how this expertise is of value to sustainable tourism and a catalyst for innovation in science for heritage.”
For more information, please contact E.C.C.O.